Focus on 'Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global'
The theme for this year's event is 'Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global'
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to 'Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global'. The international conference will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. The conference includes presentations by invited keynote speakers, eminent academicians, blind juried papers, industry professionals, research scholars and students. The event will also host an exhibition of selected posters and typographic works of students and faculty members from Design Institutes.
The event is planned over three days:
Day 1: Workshops on Typography + Meet on 'Research in Typography'
Day 2-3 : Conference focusing on 'Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global' + Typo Quiz + Exhibition and Installations and Award ceremony
The Conference will focus on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global
- Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global in the context of Culture
- Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global in the process of Learning
- Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global using Multilingual Scripts
- Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global in Native (Indigenous) Scripts
- Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global in Local Languages
- Research Activities in Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global
Sub-themes for the conference:
- The conference focused on the following sub-themes:
Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global in education
Instructional Aid, Displays, Information Graphics
Dialogues: Local-Global in Digital Typography
Mobile devices, Tablets, Web Typography
Dialogues: Local-Global in Environmental Typography
Signage, Installations, Graffiti or Street Art, Architecture
Dialogues: Local-Global in Commercial Typography
Advertisements, Packaging, Retail, Product graphics, Fashion
Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global in Identity Programs
Logos, Signs, Branding, Shop and Vehicular Signs
Dialogues: Local-Global in Vernacular Typography
Native Calligraphy, Culture and Typography, Indigenous scripts
Visual Literacy and Visual Ergonomics, Cognitive studies, Human Machine Interface, Reading experiences with respect to Typographic Dialogues: Local-Global
Dialogues: Local-Global in Media Typography
Television, Movie titling, Movie posters, Subtitling, Typography in motion